A lot of spaces at The Palace have been repurposed for other uses until our renovations are complete. One of our favorite repurposed areas is The Library, which has become the temporary cafeteria for our team members as a renovated one is in progress.
Originally, The Library was created during the extensive remolding in 1910 by architecture firm McKim, Mead & White, and was designed into one room from two smaller rooms. The focal point of the book-lined, carved paneled room is the barrel-vaulted ceiling decorated with rosettes and shields bearing the colophons of famous publishing houses of the day.
For the time being, The Library provides our team members with a beautiful, historic space to meet and enjoy their daily meals. Perhaps they might even indulge in a quick read!